HOME     BOOKS     EVENTS     PRESS     FREEBIES     SHOP     ANGELA

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

#TuesdayBookBlog Random Musings & Word of the Day #caffbition #AmReading

I realize I don't blog regularly. I manage to post book reviews and spotlights for friends, and occasionally I'll have a cover reveal or event update/followup. Posting more consistently has been on my caffbition list for some time now.


I think being a novelist can make blogging a challenge. I'm used to several rounds of editing before sending my words off into the world. Also, I prefer a resting phase where I let words ferment and then revisit them to make sure they still sound as good as they did when I first wrote them. By then, anything dealing with current events is not longer relevant... which usually prompts me to discard rather than post outdated content, even if it does survive editing and self-scrutiny. This practice does not make for successful blogging.

So here I am today, long after the coffee has worn off, blogging without editing or clicking "save for later". I'm not saying that this will become a regular thing, but I gotta start somewhere. Okay. That's enough random musing. Let's move on to the bookish part of the blog this fine Tuesday...

This weekend, I'll be at Planet Comicon in Kansas City, MO. Squeee!!! It's my first time, which seems odd, since it's in my home state and full of awesomeness. I've traveled to New Orleans and Dallas and Denver for conventions, and this is somehow the first one I've attended close to home. If it's half as much fun as I expect it will be, it may become a regular event we attend every year. *fingers crossed and gas card clutched close to my heart* If you're attending, be sure to stop by my table on Artist Alley and say hello! And if you're a writer (or aspiring writer) come check out the Writing with Momentum panel I'm moderating on Saturday at 5:30pm.



I'm really psyched to meet everyone attending! And even though I mostly read ebooks these days, I do have a copy of Point of Divergence (Star Trek Seekers book 2) that I'm hoping to get signed by Dayton and Kevin. : ) I'm also stupid excited about the Kevin Smith Q&A Friday night, and the fact that my friend Alice is going too! I'm bringing my set of Cards Against Humanity, which I recently updated with all the latest expansions, so I'm planning for massive fun in the off-hours of the convention as well. ; )

I have a mountain of books to read when we return next week, and I'm determined to write blog reviews for them all. I might even record a BookTube video or two. After the amazing Bookish Babe did a video review for my first Lana novel, I've been inspired to give it a try! (That could just be the caffbition talking again...also, I hate myself on film. Totes awkward.)

Here are the reads I'll be devouring in the weeks to come...



The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
(I adored Black's Modern Faerie Tale series and the Spiderwick Chronicles, and I'm actually 70 pages into this book already and enjoying it immensely. I checked this one out from the library when I was there for a signing last month, but I've been caught up with the release of Ghost Market and reading novels for my critique group, the Four Horsemen of the Bookocalypse.)



 


Descended from Dragons by Tricia Owens
(Tricia is a fellow indie author. She sent me a review copy of her new book, but it's only 99¢ on Amazon--and FREE through Kindle Unlimited. I intended to have my review ready in time for release day, but I'm behind as usual. T-T )






Okay. I guess I better get back to the writing and editing and packing and--oh, did I mention that I'm completely recoding my website? Yeah, that too. I haven't updated it in some time, and now that everyone prefers to surf the web on their phone, I find that my site isn't as mobile friendly as it ought to be. : /  Just one more task to add to the caffbition list.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. So very wish I lived closer to go see you. Still hope one day to see you make an appearance in Ottawa, where I will fulfill any promised bribes or coffee and cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to visit Canada! Preferably when a bookish convention and an Our Lady Peace concert happen within the same week. ;) I've only made it as far north as Niagara Falls, but I'll be renewing my passport this year with plans of making it up that way in the near future. :)

      Delete
    2. OLP frontman is often found on the streets of Toronto "busking". But if I hear of a bookish convention and an OLP concert, I'll let you know. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below! : )