HOME     BOOKS     EVENTS     PRESS     FREEBIES     SHOP     ANGELA

Monday, January 18, 2016

#BookReview of "Space Cowboys and Indians" (Cosmic Cowboys Book 1) by @LisaMedley #MondayBlogs


http://www.amazon.com/Reap-Repent-Reaper-Series-Book-ebook/dp/B00TJFIOFK
I can't say enough good things about author Lisa Medley. You've probably heard me squee about her before, but if not, go grab a copy of the first novel in her Reaper series (for FREE) and you'll totally understand:





Meanwhile, in addition to writing about ridiculously hot and hilarious reapers, Lisa's also tackled sci-fi space opera. And I do mean tackled. I LOVE this new series!

Get it on Amazon HERE



How can the chance of a lifetime go so horribly wrong? 

Mining Engineer Cole Hudson signed up for NASA astronaut training, but after washing out short of getting his gold wings, he retreats to Alaska where he stakes out a gold claim. When billionaire entrepreneur Duncan Janson offers him an opportunity to join a mining team on an asteroid, Cole jumps at the chance. 

But nothing is as it seems. Former NASA reject and rival classmate, Tessa Hernandez, is also a member of the team, and from the beginning of the mission test flight, things go wrong. They soon discover they’re not the only ones on the asteroid. As they try to escape, they are pulled through a wormhole and back to the early 1800s New Mexico desert where aliens and Apaches may be the least of their problems. 




My review:

I don't read a lot of space fiction, preferring more fantasy than sci-fi, but after reading Lisa Medley's Reaper series, I'll give anything she writes a go. So when she came out with Space Cowboys and Indians, the first episode in her Cosmic Cowboys series, I was ready to dive in! I'm so glad I did, too. 

This novella packs a punch, with non-stop action and a super fun cast. The banter and sexual tension between Tess and Cole is great, and even Noah, the apparent third wheel of their crew, has some fun lines. I really had no idea how they were going pull through all the trouble they ran into on their mission, but I was so anxious to find out, I read the entire story in one sitting. Now I'm patiently (okay, maybe not patiently, but I'm waiting, all right) for the next episode, The Astronaut's Princess. Good stuff!

Get it on Kindle for only $2.99





Lisa Medley writes urban fantasy and paranormal romance about monsters in love, because monsters need love too. Look for Reap & Repent (Bk 1) and Reap & Redeem (Bk 2) of The Reaping Series, available now. 

A lover of beasties of all sorts, she has a farm full of them in her SW MO home including: one child, one husband, two dogs, two cats, a dozen hens, thousands of Italian bees and a guinea pig. Not so in love with the guinea pig. She can do ten pushups IN A ROW and may or may not have a complete zombie apocalypse bug-out bag in her trunk at all times. Just. In. Case. 



 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me over! It's always fun playing in your sandbox :D Shine on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you recommended it, I'll take a look. Since you love her so much, you should be happy to know I can say a lot of the same things about you. You know, in case you hadn't noticed, I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! And I agree, Angela's books are amazing! Reap on!

      Delete
    2. Awwww, I totally noticed! And it still makes me squee! : ) Also, I hope you enjoy Lisa's work too. I think it's fantastic!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below! : )