HOME     BOOKS     EVENTS     PRESS     FREEBIES     SHOP     ANGELA

Monday, July 6, 2015

#MondayBlogs: The Liebster "Award"

I've been such a slacker online since the big move, but I'm slowly making my come-back. One of my crit partners, writer Kory Shrum, recently tagged me with the following questions for the Liebster Award. I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what this is all about or where it originates from. But the questions seemed fun. So here are my answers:

1. What fictional character do you want as your best friend?

Hmmmm. Most main characters seem to attract too much trouble, which is kind of a prerequisite for a MC, but it doesn’t exactly make for good BFF material. I’d like to say Jesse Sullivan from Kory Shrum’s series, since she’s fun and snarky, and as a death replacement agent, she could totes prevent an untimely demise… though she’d more than likely be the reason for the untimely demise, being a MC and all. Dang it.

2. When you are writing/blogging, do you have to have a snack? If yes, what?

Not unless I’m working overtime and starving to death. Then it’s usually something horrible like Doritos. If I’m trying to behave, I’ll have an apple. Mostly though, I hate getting my keyboard dirty, so I try to refrain.

3. What is your first memory of writing/blogging?

In fifth grade I wrote a girly Robin Hood/Three Musketeers –ish tale, complete with maps and illustrations. I think I still have it in a box somewhere. I remember having a lot of fun developing the story, though it wasn’t until I was almost seventeen that I realized that’s what I wanted to do for a living.

4. Who has been your biggest fan so far?

I’m really lucky to have so many supportive friends and family. The number one spot has to go to my husband though. He dresses up like the Grim Reaper at my signings for books from my Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. series. That’s love right there. ♥

5. If you could have one super power what would it be?

Necromancy/Resurrection. I’d want the power to stick it to Death.

6. What “gets you in the mood” to write/blog?

If I knew that secret, I’d probably be waaaaay more productive. I “try” to get in the mood by making tea and lighting incense. I might play soft, instrumental music or review my outline/plot board to see if a particular scene jumps out at me. When all else fails, a looming deadline seems to do the trick.

7. What book has been most influential to you and your writing/blogging?

Erm… I have to pick ONE? How about the most recent instead? I found “The First Five Pages” by Noah Lukeman really helpful. I’ve read it twice now, and I’ll probably read it again this summer. Good stuff.

8. What job would you HATE to have?

Any kind of repetitive factory work. If I couldn’t utilize my creativity in some way, I’d go insane.

9. Do you want to be a rich, famous, or admired? (Only 1 and why?)

Admired. Because admired people are often rich and famous too. Ha! : P

10. How long have you been writing/blogging and how long do you think you’ll write/blog?

As long as I can remember (well, fifth grade anyway—see question 3), and I intend to write forever. I may slow down and let the work/play ratio lean more heavily toward the latter, but I can’t imagine ever stopping entirely. I’d be miserable.

11. Tell us about your real or imaginary “happy” place.

My happy place is the house my husband and I just bought at the Lake of the Ozarks. It’s beautiful here, and we both work from home now, so we get to spend all kinds of time together and with our 4-year-old son. We still manage to stay pretty busy, but it’s hard to view it as work with a setting like this. : )



The 11 Nominees & My 11 Questions

If you’ve been tagged below, here are the 11 all new, original questions I have for you to answer if you choose to participate in this Liebster Award.

1. Are you a stationary or traveling writer? Do you write in one preferred place or migrate around?

2. If you could be mentored by one writer/blogger who would it be and why?

3. On a scale of 0 to SQUIRREL! how distracting do you find the internet when you're writing?

4. Do you ever enjoy writing with a partner or do you prefer typing solo?

5. When it comes to burning the midnight oil, what keeps you going? Tea, coffee, soda, Redbull, jumping jacks, heavy metal?

6. Do you have a comfort read? A book/blog you return to when you're feeling down or just nostalgic?

7. Have you ever met someone famous you admired? If so, tell the story of how it happened.

8. When you pass on into the unknown, what do you think (or hope) will be the title of your biography?

9. If your biography were to be turned into a documentary, who do you think would be cast to play you?

10. When it comes to books: physical, digital, or both?

11. Do you keep a writing/blogging schedule, or do you write when the mood hits you?


Here are the rules I need to share:
– Answer the 11 interview questions
– In that post, link back to the person who awarded you.
– Choose 11 other bloggers to award, focusing on those with 200 followers or below.
– Link to those bloggers in your post, then go and leave them comments to share the good news!
– Be sure to ask them 11 original questions.

And here are the writers/bloggers I'm tagging:

Lisa Medley
Liz Schulte
Madge Gressley
Jason T. Graves
Catherine Stovall
Samantha Ketteman
Clare Davidson
Shae Scott
Dana Roquet
Lisa Kessler
Mikel Andrews

Hope you all enjoy my questions! : )

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below! : )