HOME     BOOKS     EVENTS     PRESS     FREEBIES     SHOP     ANGELA

Sunday, April 12, 2015

#MondayBlogs: Badass and the Beast #CoverReveal

I'm so excited to finally reveal the cover of the anthology I've been co-editing! Badass and the Beast has turned out to be even more amazing than I imagined. Kory Shrum, co-editor of the collection, has been fantastic to work with. Of course, we've been in the same critique group for a year now (shout-out to the Four Horsemen of the Bookocalypse!) so I knew it would be a fun venture. Badass and the Beast will be available for preorder soon, but in the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy this peek at the cover, illustrated by me. Woot!  


I struggled with the design for quite some time. There were several drafts of women with large dogs, which are featured in several of the anthology's short stories, but none of them conveyed the "badass" feel I was shooting for. Plus, the stories turned out to be pretty diverse, and I really wanted a design that would show that. Another factor I hadn't counted on was the YA feel many of the stories have--not all, mind you. But the book overall is definitely YA appropriate. So that seemed important to express through the cover design as well.

We have an amazing lineup of authors with some really interesting stories, all about kickass heroines and the beasts that love them! Including a Lana Harvey short, featuring an adventure with Limbo City's favorite hellhounds.

Stay tuned--FB, Twitter, newsletter--or just poke your head outside. I'll be shouting it to the world! More details coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below! : )