HOME     BOOKS     EVENTS     PRESS     FREEBIES     SHOP     ANGELA

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Submarines, the Plague, & Bad Timing

Hey, it's March. Crap. How'd that happen?

I know you all were expecting a new Lana adventure by February, but I have a perfectly reasonable list of excuses for why it's going to be another month before PSYCHOPOMP is ready...

1. Submarines. Well, not just submarines. There was some oddly unexpected and complicated research involved with this book. Submarines, for example, which I know nothing about, came into play. My first instinct was to just write that nonsense right out of the story... but I'm pretty stubborn and not really known to bow out of a good challenge. On top of that, there were more Greek deities and Latin incantations... I think my next series should be about real estate or bartending, stuff I actually know already and don't need a million years to research.

2. The Plague. I brag about my immune system a lot. A LOT. It's been years since I've been really sick. So I didn't think much of it when my husband came home with cooties... that he soon passed onto our kiddo, who is now on antibiotics. A couple weeks around my germy loves, and my ninja immune system finally cracked. I now have cooties too. My throat is itchy and feels like it might close up. My eyes are swollen and red. My sinuses feel like they're filled with lava. It's not pretty. 

3. Backwoods Armageddon. You may have already heard about the apocalyptic redneck adventure I'm coauthoring with my husband. Yeah, guess whose idea it was to write it simultaneously while working on Lana? Mine. Face palm. Never. Ever. Again. One book at a time. That's my new mantra.


So I could probably whine and carry on with a dozen or so more excuses why I missed my deadline. I sound extra pitiful with a cold too, so you might even feel sympathetic towards my plight. I promise I'm doing my best to get things finished up for release at the end of March. Extra heartfelt apologies for the delay, especially to the awesome few who have emailed, Facebooked, Tweeted, or stopped me in the parking lot of the grocery store to ask when the next book will be out. You guys keep me going, even when it seems I'm on the verge of death. Which is exactly what a cold feels like when you haven't had one for some time. 

Since I don't want to leave you entirely disheartened with me until the end of March, I will at least be doing a cover reveal and excerpt next week. And I might even do a video if my throat doesn't close up first. Until then, stay warm, stay healthy, and stay tuned!

xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. I just devoured all three Lana books in 48 hours. I am very impressed with the stories and how you have included so many gods. I am now a fan for life and can't wait for more of your books to come out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! And I thought I read fast! I'm so glad you're enjoying the series. : D Book 4 is just around the corner. If you're looking for something fun in the mean time, there is a Lana short story in the anthology OFF THE BEATEN PATH edited by Jason Graves. It's on sale right now for 99¢ Also, Kory Shrum's debut novel DYING FOR A LIVING is out too. It's fantastic! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. Made my day! : )

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below! : )