HOME     BOOKS     EVENTS     PRESS     FREEBIES     SHOP     ANGELA

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This and That

It's been a bit of a downer day. One of the most awesome bosses I've ever had passed away yesterday. Almost everyone in Sedalia knew Seth Wagenknecht, the manager of Galaxy Cinema. I worked at the theater when I was seventeen, right after graduating high school. Seth was a lot of fun to work for. He was laid back and always had a good story to tell. Some of my fondest memories are of the midnight showings for employees on Thursday nights. We would watch the new releases to make sure that the reels were put together in the right order and played smoothly, before being officially releases on Friday. In the last few years, Seth was diagnosed with cancer, after doctors found several tumors on his brain. He went through radiation treatment, and the last time I spoke to him, he was in good spirits and it sounded like the treatment was working well for him. He was only fifty-seven. I had really hoped to introduce him to my son, once he was old enough to sit still through a movie at the theater. The funeral is this weekend, and while it's a very sad time, I am looking forward to seeing some of the old friends I worked with years ago. There are so many generations of theater employees who I'm sure will be present to pay homage to a great mentor and boss.





On a more up note, my friend Teresa has recently launched a new book review blog, and the first books she reviewed were the first three novels of my Lana Harvey series! I helped with the logo design, and I think it turned out really nice. She's new to the blogosphere, so if you could help her out by liking her Facebook page, following her on Twitter and Goodreads, or following her blog, it would be greatly appreciated! : )







The Prombie Apocalypse planning is coming along nicely. The venue is reserved, the deposits have been paid on the DJ and photo booth rental. I've also found some really cool decorations that I can't wait to set up! Hopefully "Crazy Ex-Ghoulfriend" will be complete by the end of August, and then the ARCs can go out for reviews and the real marketing work will begin! If you're planning on coming to the Prombie Apocalypse, be sure to check out the Facebook page and list the music you'd like to hear and check out some of the fun links posted, like the zombie makeup and walk tutorials. It's going to be a good time. : )

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your loss. He sounds like a very nice man. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he really was. He is very missed by everyone in my hometown.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below! : )