HOME     BOOKS     EVENTS     PRESS     FREEBIES     SHOP     ANGELA

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review of "Dead Ever After" by: Charlaine Harris

THE FINAL SOOKIE STACKHOUSE NOVEL 
 
There are secrets in the town of Bon Temps, ones that threaten those closest to Sookie—and could destroy her heart....
 
Sookie Stackhouse  finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte’s. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance…and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated. 


Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime. But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she’ll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough… 


Review:  There was a lot of hype about the early spoilers online, but I didn't read them, because I wanted to find out for myself. Like with all of the Sookie Stackhouse novels, I enjoyed reading the series finale as well. I was okay with Sookie's final love interest, and I thought the plot was entertaining, although, maybe a little complex for the bad guys' ultimate goal. I thought the series was ended nicely. My one complaint was the occasional transition from Sookie first person to third person, where we get an inside scoop of the bad guys plotting. I didn't really care for that. I think it took away from the mystery and surprise that I usually enjoy in Harris' novels. Overall, I was happy with this read. I'm still a Sookie fan, and I will eventually reread the entire series! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below! : )