HOME     BOOKS     EVENTS     PRESS     FREEBIES     SHOP     ANGELA

Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Lot Like Life

We spent the weekend at the lake. Around here, THE lake usually means Lake of the Ozarks. I always get the most reading done when we're away from the house. I guess it's because I don't have the internet or a zillion things I could be organizing or cleaning. I also never take my laptop with me, so any writing I do is all longhand. It's a fun change of pace. Of course, decoding my own handwriting once we get home is another story entirely. 

This weekend, I finally read the last Sookie Stackhouse novel. Le sigh. It's so sad that the series is over, but I do think Harris ended it well. I suppose it was a little unexpected and unsatisfying for some. The only thing I found a little odd was the switching back and forth between first and third person, which Harris did to show the bad guys plotting behind the scenes. I felt a little robbed of the surprise and mystery that is usually present in her books. While I was okay with the ending and who Sookie finally ended up with, it didn't seem like there was as much buildup and fireworks as usual. I guess I was really expecting that for the finale book, but I still enjoyed the read. I'll probably give it four stars on Amazon and Goodreads, though truthfully, I wish I could give it five to help balance out all the nasty reviews being posted by fanatics who think that since Sookie didn't end up with their favorite bachelor, Ms. Harris should be tarred and feathered. However, she's still on the best sellers list, so naaa na naaa na naaaa na! : P

In other news, My kiddo turned two on the first of July! How the heck did that happen? This weekend, we watched the big fireworks show over the lake from our deck and sang Happy Birthday a lot so he would know that the show was all for him. hehehe. He had two parties last week, but I'm pretty sure that the private fireworks party with Mommy and Daddy was his favorite!

Paul and I are already planning for the RT Convention in New Orleans next May. Hopefully, the book we're coauthoring, "Backwoods Armageddon," will be released in early April so we have time to squeeze in a few Missouri signings before hopping a plane or train to head south. I've been making pretty good progress on Crazy Ex-ghoulfriend, the zombie YA novel that I'm working on. It should be out in early October. It's my first YA book, so I'm doing some pretty new and exciting things with it. For one, I have a super awesome group of beta readers who are reading the book as I'm writing it. AS I'M WRITING IT. O_O  I'm uploading a chapter or two at a time to them. It seems to be going well so far. : )  Also, I have some really fun Launch Party ideas a brew'n. Hopefully I'll have some details ironed out and ready to share with you all by next week.

It's been beautiful out lately. Summer is my favorite time of year. Xav and I have been hanging out at the pool and park. I hope we have time to go check out the Farmer's Market this week. It makes me giddy that I'm able to be relatively lazy when it's this nice outside. The bigger marketing/publicity work for my last Lana novel is finished up. Oh! And my college diploma finally came in the mail last week! No more school for me. Squeeee! The awesomeness below came in the mail recently too. It's a Lana themed snowflake, designed by artist KitCameo. I'll be framing it in my office this week, with a teal backdrop. I loves it! Check out all the insanely awesome detailing! The little tombstones around the central square, the battleaxe and hell hounds. I am beyond impressed!



Well, this blog posting is going to get awkward if I let it ramble on much longer. I guess I shouldn't let so much time pass between postings, and then I wouldn't feel like I have to retell my life's story so everyone can get reacquainted. If you get to missing me too badly, feel free to track me down on Facebook or Twitter. The links are at the top of the page. 

Hope you're enjoying this summer as much as I am! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love the Snowflake!!! Congratulations on the diploma! We should get the kiddos together sometime :)
    Robin Phillips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Play date for sure! I'll message you on FB so we can compare schedules. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below! : )